PADI IDC Instructor Development Courses on Koh Phangan
Haad Yao Divers is proud to be a PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Resort. We offer a full range of PADI IDC Instructor level courses. If you want to move into the top Professional levels of PADI, Koh Phangan is a wonderful place to start.
The PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor program is your final step in the quest to become a PADI Instructor. During the PADI IDC, you'll learn to use and adapt the PADI System of diver education to individual student needs. PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors may conduct a broad range of PADI programs from Discover Scuba to Divemaster.
PADI IDC Course
The IDC program includes several parts:
During the AI and OWSI program it is important to understand that the staff will concentrate on your skill and knowledge development, not testing. We work in a low-stress environment that allows you to relax, which makes the learning easier. During the program our team of highly experienced staff will be on hand to offer you all the support you need.
PADI IDC Requirements
To enroll in an IDC or Assistant Instructor course, you must:
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or equivalent
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement for a diving medical examination conducted within the past 12 months.
- Have been a certified diver for at least six months
- Have completed and logged at least 60 open water scuba dives
Note: To attend an IE, the instructor candidate must have at least 100 logged dives
- Have documentation of experience in deep, night and navigation diving.
- Submit proof of CPR and first aid training within the last 24 months.
- Submit documentation of any qualifying certification for entry level, advanced, rescue and leadership-level issued by another recreational diver training organization. (PADI certifications do not need to resubmit.)
- If not a PADI Divemaster, successfully complete the PADI Divemaster course diver rescue skills assessment.
- Be at least 18 years old.
The Start up Instructor Training Pack includes all the PADI training materials that you will need to participate in your IDC as well as the materials you will use to teach your first PADI courses.
- PADI Instructor Manual (digital or paper version)
- Confined & Open Water Cue Cards
- Confined & Open Water Lesson Presentation Slate
- Adventures in Diving Instructor Cue Cards
- DSD Instructor Cue Cards
- Rescue Diver Instructor Cue Cards
- Open Water Diver Quizzes and Exams Booklet
- Rescue Diver Final Exams Booklet
- Divemaster Final Exams Booklet
- PADI Professional Training Log
- Law and Diving professional book
- CD Containing Best of USJ-, Children & Diving-, Business of Diving (3 PDF manuals)
- PADI's Guide to Teaching manual w/Hologram
- Positive Approach Selling DVD
- Specialty Course Instructor Manual (Digital, multilingual version, E, DU, F, S)
You will also need the EFR materials (EFR Instructor Manual, with Primary & Secondary and Caring for Children Instructor Guide) .
Additional material requirements include:
- RDP Table
- DSD Instructor Cue Card
- Divemaster Cue Cards
- Go Dive Manual
- Adventures in Diving Manual
- Rescue Diver Manual
- Divemaster Manual
- Encyclopedia of Diving
- Diving Knowledge Workbook
- Knowledge Development outlines for the Open Water-, Rescue- and Divemaster Courses, available as PDF Files for downloading at the PADI Pro/Member site.
Prior to the IDC there is a 2 day Prep Course to refresh your dive theory and sharpen your pool and rescue skill demonstrations. After completing the IDC Prep Course you will be ready to go into the IDC with confidence in your knowledge and skills.
Any candidate participating in an IDC Prep Course who is not then successful in the IE will be invited to join our next IDC and IE in Thailand free of charge!
|Prices & Service||Dive Booking||Contact Us|