PADI Go PRO - Become a Professional
We have three GO PRO courses available to you if you are thinking of stepping into the realms of the professional diver.
The entry level PADI Divemaster and the PADI Assistant Instructor courses are a great stepping stone in your career path. Haad Yao Divers are proud of our professional training programs and most students are given the opportunity to continue diving with their certification to gain some additional experience.
This is the first step in becoming a professional.
The course develops your diving leadership abilities by:
- expanding your diving theory knowledge to a professional level
- training you to supervise all aspects of dive guiding
- gaining experience assisting the instruction of students
- 20 logged dives
- Rescue Diver + EFR or proof of first aid traing including CPR (not older than 12 months)
- Minimum age 18 years
Duration dependent on experience (minimum of 20 days if you have 60 or more logged dives).
Check out our Beginner to Divemaster Internship Program!
|Dive Master||26000 THB||Booking|
|Divemaster Internship - Beginner to Pro||75000 THB||Booking|
PADI Go PRO - Open Water Scuba Instructor
The OWSI course introduces you to the full PADI system and further develops your abilities as a professional dive educator.
The Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program is one of two distinct components of PADI’s Instructor Development Course (IDC)—the core of PADI Instructor training. The first portion is the Assistant Instructor course followed by the Open Water Scuba Instructor program.
- Most are the same as for the IDC
- Assistant Instructor Rating. This is the first part of the IDC, so is usually completed at the same time.
OWSI Program Performance Requirements
The challenging part of this course is your personal commitment to the training. The course requires you to complete all the self-study Knowledge Reviews before the course begins and to prepare daily assignments for teaching presentations. Organization, dedication and teamwork are key to success.
During the course you’ll learn how to apply the PADI System of Education by presenting at least
- Two confined water teaching presentations
- Two knowledge development presentations
- One open water teaching presentations integrating two skills
You will also attend and participate in the following 14 curriculum presentations:
- Course Orientation
- Dive Industry Overview
- General Standards and Procedures
- The Role of Media and Prescriptive Teaching
- Legal Responsibility and Risk Management
- PADI Scuba Diver and Open Water Diver Course
- Adaptive Teaching
- The PADI Continuing Education Philosophy
- Business Principles for the Dive Instructor
- Adventures in Diving Program
- Specialty Diver Courses and Master Scuba Diver Program
- Rescue Diver Course
- Divemaster Course
- Diver Retention Programs
- How to Teach the RDP
You will demonstrate competence at
- Performing all 20 dive skills listed on the Skill Evaluation.
- Performing a facedown, nonstop swim for 800 metres/yards using a mask, snorkel and fins.
What can you teach
After becoming an Open Water Scuba Instructor, you will be able to conduct the entire range of PADI programs from Discover Scuba Diving up to Divemaster. You may also choose to acquire specialty instructor ratings in areas of interest, such as Digital Underwater Photographer or Enriched Air Diver.
Check out our "Zero to Hero" Internship Program!
|Silver Package - IDC Prep + AI + OWSI + EFRI||40000 THB||Booking|
|EARLY BOOKING - SAVE 4000 Baht||36000 THB||Booking|
|Gold Package - IDC Prep - AI - OWSI - EFRI - DSAT Gas Blender - DSAT Gas Blender Instructor||50000 THB||Booking|
|EARLY BOOKING - SAVE 5000 Baht||45000 THB||Booking|
|Platinum Package - IDC Prep - AI - OWSI - EFRI - 6 Specialties Instructor||61000 THB||Booking|
|EARLY BOOKING - SAVE 6100 Baht||54900 THB||Booking|
|Instructor Internship - Zero to Hero||260000 THB||Booking|
The PADI Assistant Instructor Program will further your career as a PADI Professional. You will not only learn about different teaching methods and presentations, the program will give you a good understanding of the dive industry.
As a PADI Assistant Instructor you are able to:
Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
Teach the Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course
Teach the Project AWARE Specialty courses
Conduct Discover Scuba Diving experiences
Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing the EFRI Course
Teach PADI Oxygen Provider courses after successfully completing the Oxygen provider Instructor Course
Teach Digital Underwater Photography courses after successfully completing the Digital Underwater Photography Instructor Course
What does the AI Course involve?
During the AI course you build upon your abilities to organize and supervise scuba diving activities, while concentrating on developing teaching skills. You learn through:
- Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations
The PADI Assistant Instructor Course consists of these sections:
- Module 1: Academic Training
- PADI Discover Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Programs
- Developing Knowledge Development Presentations
- Teaching Project AWARE and Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialties
- Teaching in Confined Water
- Conducting Open Water Training Presentations
- Module 2: Independent Study
- Knowledge Development
- Module 3: Practical Application
- Confined Water and Open Water Teaching Presentations
- Standards Exam
- Dive Rescue Skills Assessment
- Certified Divemaster
- 60 logged dives incl. night, deep and navigation dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months
The AI course takes you 4 days and is the first portion of the Instructor development Course (IDC).
|Assistant Instructor||18000 THB||Booking|
PADI Go PRO - EFR Instructor
The Emergency First Response Instructor Course
CPR and first aid are important skills that in high demand. As an Emergency First Response Instructor, you can teach these skills to anyone.
Effective March 2009, all new PADI Instructors will need to be current Emergency First Response Instructors or hold another current first aid and CPR instructor credential. Currently first aid and CPR provider-level training is required for new instructors; however, this change raises the bar by requiring instructor-level CPR and first aid skills.
EFR Instructor Course Goals:
- Assure that you understand the Emergency Response program structure, requirements and procedures
- Familiarize you with the Emergency Response program philosophy and prepare you to teach courses that are low-stress, performance-based and learner-centered and fun
- Refine your primary care, secondary care and Care for Children skills to a role model level
- Provide you with practical suggestions for organizing and marketing your Emergency
First Response courses
- Encourage you to be active Emergency First Response Instructor and to use your skills to train others in the community.
You also learn to conduct the recommended Automated External Defibrillator (AED), emergency oxygen and conscious choking management skills.
- Have successfully completed a sanctioned course in adult and child/infant CPR and basic first aid within the past 24 months.
- be at least 18 years old
|EFR and Care for Children Instructor||8000 THB||Booking|
|EFR Instructor - FREE in the IDC Package||0 THB||Booking|
|Prices & Service||Dive Booking||Contact Us|